About HGAR's Leadership Accelerator Program
The Leadership Accelerator Program was developed as a result of HGAR’s Strategic Planning process. A key component of the plan adopted in 2019 is identifying and developing new leaders who will play a vital role in shaping the Association’s future. These leaders are critical for HGAR to remain a dynamic and relevant organization that will best serve our members.
• You are a leader in your personal or professional life.
• You are a good decision maker.
• Preference given if you have demonstrated interest in your REALTOR® Association and/or volunteer experience.
Prerequisite prior to session one: Read 24/7: The First Person You Must Lead Is YOU by Rebecca Halstead (provided upon program acceptance and payment).
The Program runs from Sept. 2022 - June 2023.
Program Sessions are targeted to be scheduled the first or second week of each month.
- Putting the Puzzle Pieces Together—HGAR, OneKey MLS, NYSAR and NAR
- Leadership Styles
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion in our Industry
- Economic Development in the Lower Hudson Valley
- The Role of Leaders in a REALTOR® Association
- Legislative Activism and Leadership in Adversity - The critical role RPAC plays in the Real Estate Industry
- Leadership Panel—Past President’s of HGAR share their experiences
- Build Your Leadership Presence with Public Speaking
- Lobby Day
- subject to change in order
2022 LAP Class Project
Choosing to work with a REALTOR® is the most important decision you’ll make when buying or selling real estate.
In this video, our 2022 Leadership Accelerator Program participants highlight five reasons to work with a REALTOR® and why they are critical to your success as a homebuyer or seller.
HGAR developed the LAP program as a result of our Strategic Planning process. We selected eleven applicants from our real estate community who possess the qualities to become future leaders in our organization. These individuals are participating in rigorous training programs comprising workshops and thought-provoking exercises. They are critical for the growth and relevancy of the HGAR organization.