Developing Your International Business (Offered by HGAR)
3 CE Credits
This course addresses business opportunities both Internationally and locally. How to research the Country you want to do business in. How to make the right connections. WHAT are the right connections. How to nurture these connections into great partnerships . "Global is Local and Local is Global"
CIPS Designation Classes
The Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation is for REALTORS® from the United States and abroad, as well as association staff and volunteer leaders who wish to develop or grow their international real estate business. It will provide you with the knowledge, research, network, and tools to globalize your business.
To earn your CIPS designation, you will need to complete two core courses, three elective courses, and submit your designation application demonstrating 100 points of international experience.
- Global Real Estate: Local Markets (1 day) - March 3-4 through NYSAR
- Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools (1 day) March 14-15 through NYSAR
- Europe & International Real Estate (1 day)
- Asia/Pacific & International Real Estate (1 day)
- The Americas & International Real Estate (1 day)
- Africa & International Real Estate (1 day) — Available 2022
OR you can substitute only ONE of the below for ONE of the above:
- NAR's At Home With Diversity (1 day)
- NAR's Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist certification course (1 day)
- NAR's Pricing Strategies: Mastering the CMA (1 day)
At Home with Diversity
Who is it for?
The course work for the At Home with Diversity® certification is designed to enable you to work successfully with and within a rapidly changing multicultural market. It will help you to learn diversity sensitivity, how it applies to U.S. fair housing laws in your business, and ways to develop professional guidelines for working with people in the increasingly multicultural real estate market.
What You Gain?
- Knowledge of the subtleties of U.S. fair housing laws
- Business etiquette for specific cultures
- An edge in expanding your business to include international clientele
- Credit towards the ABR®, CIPS, and PMN designations
- Some states also give continuing education (CE) credit and GRI credit for this course