For many real estate professionals, property management is a natural extension of their expertise. Whether you’re thinking about taking on your first property or looking to grow your property management business, there are a number of important matters to keep in mind.
Residential Property Management Essentials provides real estate licensees with a solid understanding of pertinent property management issues by exploring the role of the property manager, common tenant issues you’re likely to encounter, and crucial federal laws that every property manager needs to understand.
Course highlights include:
- An overview of property management contracts
- A look at property types and points to consider when selecting properties
- Tips for building a successful working relationship with property owners
- A review of basic landlord and tenant obligations
- Tips for screening and retaining tenants
- A look at informal rental agreements and the risks involved
- Tips for dealing with delinquent tenants
- An overview of key laws, including federal fair housing guidelines and exemptions