Ethnic and racial diversity is increasing faster than experts previously predicted, based on U.S. Census Bureau data. As of the 2020 Census, nearly 40% of Americans identify with a non-white race or ethnic group. With increasing diversity comes an increasing need for real estate professionals—who work with members of the public every day—to develop and practice cultural competence, and to know how to demonstrate the utmost professionalism with consumers of varied backgrounds.
This two-hour course emphasizes the importance of fair housing and embracing cultural diversity, as well as national and state demographics, before exploring tips and best practices for being culturally sensitive and showcasing professionalism at all times.
Course highlights include:
- Serving diverse population needs
- Federal and state homeownership demographics and diversity
- Cultural sensitivity
- Recognizing your own bias
- Working with and celebrating diversity
- Building rapport with diverse clients
- Active listening and effective communication
- Diversity resources