Integrity at Work
All Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORS® (HGAR) members hold themselves to the highest standards of professional conduct to serve the interests of their clients and customers. The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and HGAR provide resources for their members on how to conduct themselves professionally and show respect for property, the public, and peers.
In addition, our Realtors conduct themselves according to a strict Code of Ethics. Among the pledges set out in the Code:
- Protect and promote your client’s interests, but be honest with all parties
- Avoid exaggeration, misrepresentation, and concealment of pertinent facts. Do not reveal facts that are confidential under the scope of your agency relationship.
- Cooperate with other real estate professionals to advance client’s best interests.
- When buying or selling, make your position in the transaction or interest known.
- Disclose present or contemplated interest in any property to all parties.
- Avoid side deals without client’s informed consent.
- Accept compensation from only one party, except with full disclosure and informed consent.
- Keep the funds of clients and customers in escrow.
- Assure, whenever possible, that transactional details are in writing.
- Provide equal service to all clients and customers.
- Be knowledgeable and competent in the fields of practice in which you ordinarily engage. Obtain assistance or disclose lack of experience if necessary.
- Present a true picture in your advertising and other public representations.
- Do not engage in the unauthorized practice of law.
- Respect the exclusive representation or exclusive brokerage relationship agreements that other realtors® have with their clients.