Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions - This FAQ was on 5/7/2020
- Frequently Asked Questions - Pandemic Unemployment Assistance - This FAQ was updated on 5/27/2020
- Frequently Asked Questions - Licensing & Education This FAQ was updated as of 11:30 am on 5/11/2020
- Frequently Asked Questions - Regional Re-opening (new) This FAQ was updated on 6/2/2020
- NYSAR Phase 2 Guidance for Real Estate Activity (new) This FAQ was updated on 6/1/2020
The FAQs being provided by NYSAR are based upon what we believe to be true through ongoing communications with various state agencies. NYSAR’s role is to provide information in the best interest of all of our members in every part of New York ,and where state guidance is unclear we offer the narrowest possible interpretation so as not to expose members to potential liability, as well as preventing the spread of COVID-19.
A broker may always consult their own attorney for an opinion. Regardless of what activity real estate licensees undertake under the current state guidance, in-person contact with any member of the public is prohibited. Any broker claiming that in-person contact is “legally necessary” should only do so under the advice of their attorney.
Keep checking back—this page will be updated regularly with new information.
For more on how to protect yourself and your families, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
All HGAR offices will be closed until further notice.
We are still available to assist you.